Slovak Rifle Platoon 1939

If you have any questions about creating a platoon or just want to tell us about a particular force that you're working on.

Slovak Rifle Platoon 1939

Postby TBCheese » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:57 am

Bit obscure this one, but if you're going for completeness you got to do it properly..... this is based around the czechoslovakian organisation in 1938, as it is unlikely to have differed before 1939 due to the pressures placed on an autonomous Slovak country. I couldnt imagine they would have had the time, or focus to instigate a new military structure in that year?

So, from what i can tell:
Platoon HQ Consisted of 4 men - Leader, assistant, observer??/orderly??, messenger)
3 x Rifle Squads (13 men each)
leader
assistant,
LMG Gunner (not sure if pistol or rifle armed)
LMG Loader (rifle)
2 Riflemen
5 "skirmishers"
2 "grenadiers"

I would hazard a guess that this is split into an LMG section with Squad leader, LMG gunner and loader, 2 riflemen. And a rifle section with the assistant NCO, 5 "skirmishers" and 2 "Grenadiers".

The infantry battalion had 3 companies of 4 platoons (12 combat platoons), and an HMG company of 12 HMGs (HMG squads had 7 men - leader, gunner, loader, porter, 3 ammo carriers).

This suggests a company support of 0-1 HMG. But I have no idea about any other support weapons that would be available to the Regiment to fill out the Company Support options.

Any more information on this? Im struggling a little on this one. Need to find some good books!

Stuart
TBCheese

Re: Slovak Rifle Platoon 1939

Postby TBCheese » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Czech Regiments seem to have had 6-12 81mm Mortars and 6-12 37mm ATGs. This makes it 0-1 for both as support options.

But again this relies on the assumption that the unit organisation didn't change following autonomy.

Stuart
TBCheese

Return to Creating a Platoon