German Kradschutzen Rifle Platoon 1939

If you have any questions about creating a platoon or just want to tell us about a particular force that you're working on.

German Kradschutzen Rifle Platoon 1939

Postby TBCheese » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:54 pm

This topic is for the development of a German Kradschutzen Rifle Platoon in 1939. Please feel free to comment and help along the way with anything I write here!
From what i can gather the platoon was a little like:
Platoon HQ – 7 men
Officer (pistol), Orderly (pistol), 1 messenger (rifle) 2 motorcyclists (rifles) 2 drivers(rifles), included two light cars (1 for personnel, one for equipment) and a motorcycle
3x Squads –
1 NCO (rifle)
1 LMG gunner (pistol, lmg)
1 LMG Loader (pistol)
3 riflemen (rifles)
3 motorcycle drivers (rifles) (3 motorcycle combos)
I'm not sure how to split this squad, should it be tactically flexible? how would it split? It only appears to have had 1 NCO?

There appears to have been a 5 man section with a 5cm mortar, but im not sure how common this would have been in 1939....? I was under the impression it was an unpopular weapon.

With the following support weapons at Battalion level (9 combat platoons (3 companies of 3 platoons)):
14 HMGs (/9 = 1.55 = 0-2)
6 80mm Mortars (/9 = 0.66 = 0-1)
3 Pak36 At guns (/9 = 0.33 = 0-1)
Last edited by TBCheese on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TBCheese

Re: German Kradschutzen Rifle Platoon 1939

Postby TBCheese » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 am

It is probably easiest to use the company support entries from the 1939 German Infantry platoon from the website for the stats and number of men? And probably want to add a 5cm Mortar as a Company Support option as well.

In terms of CE cost of the platoon, its not any different to a 9 man grenadier squads, 2 sections, 1 LMG. so perhaps same CE as the German Grenadier platoon from the main rulebook? I havent got my rulebook at hand, but whats that? 11 or 12 CE? But this doesnt make a huge amount of sense and I assume there is some early war scaling in effect as the 1939 German Infantry platoon on the website is only 10 CE and is bigger than this Kradschutzen platoon? So perhaps they need a lower CE? like 8 or 9?

Would be interesting putting one of these platoons up against the huge platoons of the polish!

Stuart
TBCheese

Return to Creating a Platoon