Hospitallers

For pics of Clash of Empires armies, including those you have reorganised from other game systems.

Hospitallers

Postby Cubster » Wed May 14, 2014 1:58 pm

These are my first two of the Perry's 1st Crusade Hospitaller knights, for a pie-in-the-sky army based around the De Hauteville boys in the 1st Crusade and their fun running the Kingdom of Antioch in the following years.

I hope you enjoy them!
Cubster

Re: Hospitallers

Postby Mark at GEG » Thu May 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Stunning.

I bought myself a Perry Hospitallers army years ago, got about 25% of the way through it before something else came along and took my attention...

Mark
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Postby Cubster » Thu May 15, 2014 4:45 pm

There's a lot of black and brown isn't there? A big black robe and a vow of simplicity in accoutrements (I may never have written that word down before) doesn't make for a very interesting paint, I must say.

I've also got to say it, these particular Perry sculpts aren't as polished as some of their more recent stuff. They were not easy to get the brush around and there was a lot of extra metal too. Lovely proportions and poses, as always, just not quite as finished as I'd have liked. Still, they brushed up nice in the end.

I've only got the damn models because they were at the show in Penarth and I felt like I needed to come away with something more than a brush and a bag of old-womanish gossip from Stuart. I think I'll keep the Hospitallers to a smallish force and give them some different mates to rub along with.
Cubster

Postby Mark at GEG » Tue May 20, 2014 7:45 pm

They were never fielded in huge numbers in combat so you could easily just have one unit along side some Templars etc, although there was a fair amount of animosity between the various orders....
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Postby Janner » Thu May 22, 2014 7:56 am

Lovely work, Cubs :D
Janner

Postby Stuart at GEG » Thu May 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Ha ha, I recall bringing two bags of womanish gossip away with me from Penarth!
Stuart at GEG
Site Admin

Return to Painting Gallery