Two issues regarding Feigned Flight

Specifically for question/clarifications referencing the CoE rule book

Two issues regarding Feigned Flight

Postby Leukolycos » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:09 pm

1) If a unit conducting a Feigned Flight (FF) ends its movement outside the table, is it allowed to reenter the game in the next turn, be it with a moral test or not? Since FF is essentially a modified "fire and evade" and not a "fire and flee", it would seem logical to be able to do so, but it is nothing stated in the Rule Book.

2) Since skirmishers are not allowed to execute fire&evade against enemy cavalry, does this rule also extends to Feigned Flight conducted by mounted skirmishers? For mounted archers (especially Parthians), for instance, it somehow defies purpose. It was a typical tactical for them, that is denied by this rule. I assume the rule was drafted in order to avoid a too powerful trait, but since the charged troop only moves its normal MR, there is always a great risk of being caught by charging cavalry, so I fail to understand this limitation regarding Feigned Flight.
Leukolycos

Re: Two issues regarding Feigned Flight

Postby Darren Smith » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:16 pm

You MUST still take the test when declaring charge reactions (10+ equals fail) - if you do fail you flee and stay off table!

I would have thought that if ANY Skirmishers have the Feigned Flight trait they can fire/evade. This skill overrules what normal skirmishers are allowed to do against mounted.
Darren Smith

Return to Rules Questions