Nato vs. Warsaw Pact

Post here to ask questions about future plans for RoE and to discuss what periods you want to play.

Nato vs. Warsaw Pact

Postby General.Greymouse » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:41 am

I'd be interested in hypothetical engagement's between Nato and Warsaw Pact forces in the 70ies and 80ies (Cold War gone hot if I may dare to quote) OF course limited to "conventional warfare" - ABC warfare would make for quite a boring game I guess...
I think ROE Mechanics are flexible enough for any modern period.
Austria - usually we don't have kangaroos...
General.Greymouse

Re: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact

Postby Mark at GEG » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:28 pm

We have always intended for RoE to be used from WW2 onwards. So Cold War hotting up should work fine.

Mark
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Re: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact

Postby Michael_Tems » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 pm

It should be quite easy to draw up a generic OOBs for each force. I am no expert in WAPA-forces, but almost all NATO countries have adopted the same standard platoon structure that Germany initially created during WWII:

HQ Section:
Officer (Pistol or SMG)
NCO (SMG or Assault rifle)
Signaller (Assault rifle)
(Sometimes an orderly or extra rifleman)

2-3 Infantry Sections:
NCO (SMG)
Machine Gunner (MG)
MG Assistant (Assault rifle)
7 Riflemen (Assault rifles, hand grenades) - 1 might be trained as a medic, but would still carry an assault rifle.

You could use the standard weapon profiles for SMGs, Assault rifles and Machine guns or look up the specific weapons details.
Germany (as well as Denmark, Norway and several others) used MG3s which are essentially MG42s in 7.62mm NATO calibre, and so could use the standard ROF for such (D6+6)
Perhabs somebody have already made weapons tables for the modern era of which many weapons are the same or directly transferable.
Michael_Tems

Return to Alternative Theatres