Ex-Bretonnian Archers

For pics of Clash of Empires armies, including those you have reorganised from other game systems.

Ex-Bretonnian Archers

Postby Cubster » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Some classic GW 'Bretonnian Squires with Bows' are now going to be doing sterling service in my medieval army/armies.

They're painted as Kingdom of Antioch Norman mercs/troops; I'm thinking between the 1st and 2nd Crusades, notwithstanding the fact that their fashions are probably a good couple of centuries later than that! I'm not too bothered about such wild historical inaccuracies on the peasants and may even be caught using them as Wars of the Roses archers too, without so much as a blush of shame.

They're just really lovely old models and I'm gonna use them for something, even if I have to shoe-horn them into an inappropriate period. The terrain on the bases has been painted to be intentionally ambiguous, given that they might have to fulfill a variety of roles. The bowstrings are plastic bristles from a cheapo dustpan and brush set.

Cubster

Re: Ex-Bretonnian Archers

Postby Cubster » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Ages ago I also did some of the old plastic Bretonnians. Now I want to put bowstrings on them!

Cubster

Postby Michael_Tems » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:01 am

Wow... You actually managed to have me feel a bit of remorse for selling those figures off. Cheap.

With the obvious amount of time and skill you put into such a model, you should consider doing some with the strings drawn - as in with arrows on the string.
Michael_Tems

Postby Mark at GEG » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Both sets look great.

I know that Stuart has some of these guys in his Norman army, hidden away amongst the archers.

Mark
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Return to Painting Gallery