Baggage

Specifically for question/clarifications referencing the CoE rule book

Baggage

Postby Briselance » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi,

A new player is really interested in representing baggages for his armies and asked me some questions :

Do you recommand a size for the baggage stand ?

If you choose to put it on the table, how do you handle with it ?

Can an unit choose to go out of the table by the ennemy edge to loot the baggage ?
Briselance

Re: Baggage

Postby Stuart at GEG » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:24 pm

The only provision for baggage is on page 69 - Pursuit off the table.

There is plenty of scope within making scenarios that include one of both sides' baggage on the tabletop.
Perhaps the baggage area would have an option to be fortified for some armies for x number of points. There is plenty in the rules already to cover how this would work. There would be some baggage guards and these may be upgradeable.

As far as size goes, who knows! A fortified camp might be a quite large piece, with a frontage of 30cm or more. It also might be a collection of diorama style bases (I have these for my Anglo-Danish army).
Stuart at GEG
Site Admin

Postby Briselance » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Thanks for your answer, players will like it ! :D
Briselance

Postby lerostratos » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Briselance wrote:Can an unit choose to go out of the table by the ennemy edge to loot the baggage ?

Rules only take in account the case of pursuing unit... maybe the fleeing unit gives a path to the baggage ?
Otherwise if you can choose to plunder only by going out by enemy side, it means you have to defend all the side that seems to me a bit excessive.

I think a scenario with baggage rules is the better option if you want to fully play it.

Lero
lerostratos

Return to Rules Questions