Is RoE ever getting more expansions

Any of your questions concerning Rules of Engagement.

Is RoE ever getting more expansions

Postby TBCheese » Wed May 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Hello,

I have played Rules of engagement ever since its first release and think it is genuinely one of the best WW2 platoon games on the market; the force organisations make the game for me.

I was wondering if there were ever going to be more releases for RoE - expanding upon the free platoon lists currently available for download?

Thanks,

S
TBCheese

Re: Is RoE ever getting more expansions

Postby Mark at GEG » Thu May 19, 2016 11:22 am

I'll be honest there are no more in the schedule. I did start the Pacific book a long time ago but then lots of other things came up and it was never finished.

We may consider doing a RoE 2 in the near future, just tweaking the rules we have a little.

Is there a particular area you want covering?

Mark
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Postby TBCheese » Fri May 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Not curious about any one area specifically.

Out of curiosity how did you calculate the number of company support options for the different platoons? For example the HMGs available. Did you take actual numbers of HMGs in a battalion and divide amongst the platoons? Or was it more of a subjective gameplay decision?

Thanks,

Stuart
TBCheese

Postby TBCheese » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Mark,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay! You know how wargaming is, you get sidetracked with new projects before coming back full circle. Either way I have been fiddling around with some early war platoons, and I was wondering about company support options.

What do the company support options represent? The assets available at battalion level? Or regiment level? Or even brigade?

So for instance your 1940 French infantry platoon list.
The support company in a french infantry battalion would supply 16x MMGs, 2x 81mm mortars and 2x 25mm AT guns.
The rifle companies themselves also each have 1x 60mm mortar

As there are 12 combat platoons in the battalion, you have ended up with company choices that reflect the "reasonable distribution" of these weapons:
0-2 MMGs
0-1 60mm mortar
0-1 81mm mortar
0-1 25mm AT gun

Is this how you went about it? Does that mean the company support choices are representative of the battalion assets?

Thanks,

S
TBCheese

Return to Rules Questions