Tong in DMH?

A place to discuss gang types, future gangs, alternate gangs and show us your pictures of your painted band of troublemakers!

Tong in DMH?

Postby hentzau » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:51 am

Has anyone done anything to come up with a Tong Gang list and cards for DMH?

I just recently started playing the game, and am really taken by it, but I have a wee problem in that one of my players bought a pre-painted Tong gang at no minor expense to play in Legends of the Old West. I'm not so sure he would be all that happy in abandoning his investment as we tell him to look for another pre-painted group.

My thought was to come up with a Tong gang based on the Renegades, but I've only got a single game of DMH under my belt, and so am not too comfortable tinkering.

Thanks in advance!
hentzau

Re: Tong in DMH?

Postby Stuart at GEG » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:10 pm

This might be fun!
Stuart at GEG
Site Admin

Postby The Old Buzzard » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:59 pm

What kind of Tong :?:
Are they Chinese?
They could be restless railway labourers if they are. I guess you would use outlaw rules or bandits as the Dynamite card would be appropriate.

Bill
The Old Buzzard

Postby hentzau » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:19 pm

The Old Buzzard wrote:What kind of Tong :?:
Are they Chinese?
They could be restless railway labourers if they are. I guess you would use outlaw rules or bandits as the Dynamite card would be appropriate.

Bill

Yes, the Chinese Tong.

While they were primarily centered in San Francisco, it doesn't take too much imagination to picture a group of Chinese coolies falling under the sway of a charismatic leader and trying to make a foothold as a criminal organization in the west.

I might try and spend some time tonight writing up some ideas (that you guys should rip apart since I've played the game exactly one time.) :D
hentzau

Postby Mark at GEG » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Let us know what you come up with, always interested in new gang ideas.

Mark
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Return to The Gangs