Dead Man's Hand Gaming Boards

A place to discuss gang types, future gangs, alternate gangs and show us your pictures of your painted band of troublemakers!

Dead Man's Hand Gaming Boards

Postby ZombieHedgehog » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:23 pm

I have beeing working on a 2 x 2 mine board for a while and have just about got it finished and I am trying to expand the idea in to a 4x4 board so I can play larger games of dead mans hand. Also, as I'm helping to organise and run the Dead Man's Hand day I would also liek to get a few more boards together for the day, I thought it would be good to have someting different as it's a mine as we already have plenty of town terrain, just so there's a bit of variety.

I had another 2x2 piece of MDF around so I started sketching some designs, I wanted something similar to my first board with a section on a higher level but I wanted the start of a small mining town with buildings being built.

First work in progress shot.

I'm hoping to put a couple more smaller wooden structures together to break up the board a little, these won't be stuck to the board so the layout can be changed around. I'm still trying to decide on whether to glue the large building down or not but I have decided to have stairs on the outside rather than the inside just to keep the interior more open whihc will help with moving figures around during a game. I'm going to include 2 stair cases at each side of the rock, just so one player doesn't have an advantage over the other player if deployed on the side with the stairs.

Going to hopefully get some more work done during this week and hope to have some updates soon.
ZombieHedgehog

Re: Dead Man's Hand Gaming Boards

Postby Stuart at GEG » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:30 am

Can't wait!
Stuart at GEG
Site Admin

Postby ZombieHedgehog » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Managed to get a bit of work done on the main building for this board, it's taking a bit longer than planned due to the amount of wooden planks I've ended up using. I'll be fitting the first floor next, making sure everything fits and can be removed easily then it's the roof. There is a door on the first floor that leads on to the rock, i think ive got a decent amount of windows so its not to easy for the guys stood in the building. Once I get some more dullcote start work with the weathering pigments, hoping it won't be too difficult to match my original board.

Enough words, here are the pics:

ZombieHedgehog

Postby ZombieHedgehog » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Managed to get a little bit more work finished on my board, wold have liked to get more done but I'm still waiting for some balsa wood to be delivered.

Used som ewes therein pigment again using the same method as my last board although I think it's slightly darker unfortunately but still just about matches up with my other board.

I made a small building to fit opposite the larger building to start o form a small street, think this could be used for a small telegraph office so I have put together a few simple telegraph poles. I used foam board for the structure then added some wooden planking all over, I hope to work on the roof soon when my balsa order arrives.

I have also added a staircase to the opposite side of the larger building, this is to allow access to the second level from both sides, I will add another staircase on the left side of the large building once I add a small piece of boardwalk.

ZombieHedgehog

Postby ZombieHedgehog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Had a little bit of time to work on the board, I've started the main structure to the boardwalk around the large building .

Just need to get some boards cut, should hopefully be able to get the boardwalk finished in the next couple of days tephra I plan on working on the roof.
ZombieHedgehog

Postby ZombieHedgehog » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 pm

Finally managed to get to work on the larger building for the board.

After cutting a load of lollipop sticks I started on the boardwalk around the building. Once the boardwalk was dry I built the staircase for the building which will link up to another boardwalk on the second level of the board.

Using the off cuts of foam board from when I made the side walls for the building I started to work on the extension on the 1st floor to add room for models. The foam board was mounted on a balsa frame which will be removable for access to the first floor.

I built a balsa structure for the actual roof to rest on the foam board section. I've used cardboard to cover the gaps in the frame and will use laser cut roof tiles to cover the card. Also in the roofs pace I've added a small loft space accessible by ladder with a small window suitable for sniping.

I've covered most of the roof with the tiles there will be a removable section of roof to gain access to the loft, I'm hoping the magnetise the roof section just to try to keep it from falling off through a game. I may also magnetise the main roof section over the first floor.

A couple more progress photos, just need to add some planks in the lof space.:

ZombieHedgehog

Postby Achtung Panzer » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:34 pm

This really is a very impressive project.
Achtung Panzer

Postby anton970 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:42 pm

fantastic work, keep it coming I need some insperation!
anton970

Postby ZombieHedgehog » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks, I think it's starting to come together now the larger of the two buildings is nearly finished. Hoping to get on with the painting soon although I hav just started a miniature to represent King Schultz and I'm also going to havea go at creating his wagon as well.
ZombieHedgehog

Postby JBxrayman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Looking nice just starting my own board and scenery hope to put it on the forum as I do it but this give me idears
JBxrayman

Next

Return to The Gangs