Wounded man movement/activation

Any questions you may have about how DMH works, and for what the future holds for Dead Man's Hand.

Wounded man movement/activation

Postby Dooger1967 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:26 pm

Played through the 3 scenarios from For a Few Models More....the shooting from the desperados was deadly in the first 2 scenarios but the lawmen got their act together for the final scene.
We have a query on directions in the second scene. One member is wounded and can only move if he has a colleague in contact. He can act normally but cant do more than 2 move actions per turn. So presumably he gets allocated an action card as normal. As each figure moves separately though how does he move?
Visualising it we see him being helped along on the arm of a colleague - I think someone even does a pair of figures portraying this. Anyway, how does the wounded mans movement work? I thought maybe both figures would get a card and either one could use it to activate, and if they wished move both together. It doesnt seem quite right that the wounded man moves (by himself) just because he started the turn in contact with a colleague - what has he done? Pushed him up to 2 moves away and then possibly joined him later when he activates himself?
That doesnt seem quite right to me, but I'd like to hear how others deal. :)
Dooger1967

Re: Wounded man movement/activation

Postby steveburt » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:24 pm

We let the pair of figures move on either card - using up to two movement actions.
So let's say the wounded guy, Walt, has 7 and the Normal guy, Norm has a 5.
Walt goes first because he has the higher card. He uses two actions to move - using up two of Norm's actions in the process because they must move together.
Walt uses his third action to take a shot (-1 because he moved twice).
When Norm's card comes up, he has 1 action. He could also shoot, or he could recover, or he could move away, leaving Walt on his own.
steveburt

Re: Wounded man movement/activation

Postby Dooger1967 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi Steve, thanks for that, it makes sense. I think if they are shot at then it will be 50/50 which figure gets hit...unless Norm decides he doesnt really like Walt and uses him as a shield...!!!
Dooger1967

Return to The Rules