Northstar Harold & Huscarls

For pics of Clash of Empires armies, including those you have reorganised from other game systems.

Northstar Harold & Huscarls

Postby Cubster » Thu May 09, 2013 2:17 pm

A commish.

... and a rear view just to show the shield.

Cubster

Re: Northstar Harold & Huscarls

Postby Mark at GEG » Wed May 15, 2013 8:16 pm

More Crusader lads, I like Mark Simm's figures, not the most dynamic in the world but they seem to love to be painted, the Harold figure looks awesome.
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Postby Cubster » Fri May 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Yeah, you're right about them being Crusader of course (the Vikings too), I just forgot because Nick had sent them to me for colouring in.

I much prefer a well proportioned model in a natural waiting pose than something balancing on tip-toes, throwing an axe about or somesuch drama. Like you say, they just seem easier to paint somehow.

The Harold model I wrung my hands over because Mystic Spirals did a very similar job on their one, using his coat of arms as a basis for the surcoat decoration! I wanted to give him gold-trimmed chainmail, but since MS had done this too, I thought it would look way too much like plagiarism.
Cubster

Postby Cubster » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:47 pm

A few more Saxons for Northstar (Crusader Miniatures). The guy charging with the sword is actually a Viking from the Hirdman Command (I've mixed up the models during the basing and undercoating stage); the rest of his mates are to follow, doing sterling service as Saxon recruits.

Cubster

Postby Cubster » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Not great photos (I fiddle with the ISO on the camera and ballsed it up), but here's the last of the Saxons, including a group shot of what is meant to be Crusader's Viking Hirdmen Command, masquerading as Saxons.

Shield transfers and flag from LBM.

Cubster

Postby Cubster » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:18 pm

More. Nick Eyre is secretly stashing away a Saxon army.

Cubster

Return to Painting Gallery