Charles the Bold and his Friends

For pics of Clash of Empires armies, including those you have reorganised from other game systems.

Charles the Bold and his Friends

Postby Lord Alisk » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:56 pm

Hello again,

Well, my Burgundians have got a nice new addition - I have finally got around to getting a command group finished up. As this will be my main commander, I went to town a bit, using a huge base, and adding a few more 'minions' than might have been needed.

Anyway, this represents Charles the Bold and some of his household. The figures are all by Perry, using all 3 figures from the Henry VII set and 2 of the 3 figures from the mounted page set. Three figures have received head swaps, taking plastic heads from the Perry mounted men at arms box, and Charles' horse has been heavily converted to wear armour (as the horses from the men at arms box are all sculpted galloping).

They were a lot of fun to paint and put together, and I am extremely pleased with the herald - he was not as difficult to paint as I thought he might have been!

The tree was scratch-built with textured paint over a wire armature - well, not quite scratch-built, the foliage is by woodland scenics, and the ivy and ferns are brass, all bought from antenocitis workshop (I love their brass ferns, I get through loads of them, it is just a pity they come with other plants on the sprue - they are no use to me, and clog up the bits-box. Nevermind...)

Anyway, constructive criticism welcomed.

Also, I would appreciate any advice for taking better photographs - again, apologies for their general rubbish-ness.

All best,

David.
Lord Alisk

Re: Charles the Bold and his Friends

Postby Mark at GEG » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Love the figures, I really like the way that commanders work in CoE, it means that you can create these small scenes and show off a bit. I think the pictures are fine, maybe try sticking some white paper/card in the background, it will help reflect more of the light onto you miniatures.

Mark
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Postby Lord Alisk » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks. I'll try the thing with white paper for the next instalment, as it were (which is bowmen of the Burgundian ducal guard - only 10 out of 24 are painted at the moment, so they might be a while...)

I'm enjoying making up some nice little command vignettes. Next up is David, bishop of Utrecht, one of Charles' (many!) half-brothers. I don't think David of Utrecht fought in the Burgundo-Swiss war, but I have a bishop model to use, and he seems like a good choice!

Thanks again

David.
Lord Alisk

Postby Cubster » Fri May 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Lovely vignette.
Cubster

Postby Stuart at GEG » Thu May 30, 2013 2:13 pm

And a lovely tree (I like trees...)!
Stuart at GEG
Site Admin