Bernese Bannerhaufen

For pics of Clash of Empires armies, including those you have reorganised from other game systems.

Bernese Bannerhaufen

Postby Lord Alisk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:22 am

Hello everybody again.

Anyway, me self appointed Christmas painting blitz didn't really get going. The Swiss army is still mostly a dismal grey plastic colour. But never mind...

After finishing a load of marking, I rewarded myself with a Sunday spent painting, and I finally finished off my bannerhaufen unit. I am fairly pleased with it. Again, the painting quality is decidedly 'wargames' standard, but at least it is finished! They are Perry plastics, mostly from the Wars of the Roses box, with some command/two handed sword models from the mercenaries box, and and the odd head and arm from the knights box. Oh, and some of the metal Perry Swiss heads too.

As always, constructive criticism welcomed!

All best,

David.
Lord Alisk

Re: Bernese Bannerhaufen

Postby Stuart at GEG » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:28 pm

They look great and the basing is very good. As my eyesight gets worse I still insist on painting the eyes of every figure (I'm more fussy about it now than ever before), but I find the eyes on all the figures from the Perry's quite a challenge. Have you done all the eyes on these?
Stuart at GEG
Site Admin

Re: Bernese Bannerhaufen

Postby Lord Alisk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Stuart,

Many thanks! Regarding the eyes - no, I don't do all of them (probably around 1/2 or so). I generally do try to, but I do find with some of the Perry models that sometimes you have the feeling that 'this isn't going to work', and it better to leave the eyes a flesh wash colour, and pretend the model is squinting a bit. I do try harder for characters and models who will definitely be on the front rank.

Thanks again,

David.
Lord Alisk

Return to Painting Gallery