Bernese Gewalthut

For pics of Clash of Empires armies, including those you have reorganised from other game systems.

Bernese Gewalthut

Postby Lord Alisk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:08 am

Hello all,

Over Christmas I am making a concerted effort to paint more Swiss - they need a bit of love, you see, my Burgundian army is around 80% painted, whilst the poor old Swiss fellows are only around 25% finished.

Anyway, here is a nice new Bernese Gewalthut unit, finished about half an hour ago. Apologies for the harsh electric lighting - I live on the east coast of Scotland, and therefore it is very rare when you get any natural light at this time of year at all...

They are painted to what one might euphemistically call 'wargames standard' - when you have hundreds of fellows to paint, it is (I think) best to keep it simple, and have a fighting chance of actually finishing units!

Merry Christmas everyone!

All best,

David.
Lord Alisk

Re: Bernese Gewalthut

Postby Lord Alisk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:40 am

Here are a few more pics, hopefully with less horrible lighting:

Cheers,

David.
Lord Alisk

Postby Stuart at GEG » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:56 am

Terrific unit! I like that it is uniform yet with little differences on some models.
Stuart at GEG
Site Admin

Postby Lord Alisk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Dear Stuart,

Many thanks! I tried painting some of my Burgundians more irregularly (i.e. all of them with blue and white coats, but a lot more with mis-matched trousers). I have to say, I prefer a slightly more uniform look, with just enough irregularity to show they are mediaeval, rather than modern, soldiers (and have to buy their own trousers, I guess).

Anyway, just another 100 or so pikemen to paint...

I suppose like most gamers if I didn't buy any models for years, I still would be painting the stuff I already have.
Lord Alisk

Postby tigerpoppy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:16 pm

what manufacturer are these please? 8-)
tigerpoppy

Postby Mark at GEG » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:23 pm

They look like the Perry plastics, either the War of the Roses box set or the European Mercenaries, not sure....

Mark
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Postby Lord Alisk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 am

They are Perry Plastics, mostly the pikemen from the mercenaries box, but with a few pieces (such as the leader and the standard bearer, and the odd head) from the Wars of the Roses infantry box. Also, a lot of the models have metal Swiss heads (http://www.perry-miniatures.com/product ... ts_id=2509).

All best,

David.
Lord Alisk

Postby tigerpoppy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:25 pm

It was the heads that confused me, good link I will remember that option. What manufacturer do you use for Landsknects?
tigerpoppy

Postby Lord Alisk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:54 pm

I don't have any landsknechts, but I believe Wargames Foundry and The Assault Group both do them (both only doing metals - no plastics I am afraid). Perry also do early Tudor heads for their plastics, which can make them look a bit more 'renaissance' than 'late mediaeval'.

Hope that help.

David.
Lord Alisk

Return to Painting Gallery