Falklands war

Post here to ask questions about future plans for RoE and to discuss what periods you want to play.

Falklands war

Postby gran76 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi all! First post on a brilliant game forum. Now down to business...is their anyone that can help me with the infantry stats for the Falklands war? Ive been thinking of classing the SLR/ FN-FAL as Semi-Auto rifle as per main rulebook, GPMG/MAG as MG42.

Argentine Conscript Mve 4" Shoot 5+ CQ +3 EXP 5+ Disp 5+

The movement distance is in inches cause im going to use 10mm figures, halving normal measurements and converting to inches.
Im planning on doing Vietnam as well in 10mm. Any input would be gratefully appreciated. Heres a pic of my progress with the figs.
gran76

Re: Falklands war

Postby Michael_Tems » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:18 am

I think the stats for British Infantry and Paratroopers might well be transferred directly from the World War 2 OOBs in the rulebook.

Classing the SLR as a Semi-auto rifle should work well. I have a house rule allowing semi-auto weapons to fire either twice at max 60cm (with a -1 modifier to long range) or a single shot up to 80cm (with no modifier for long range), but you could use them excactly as they are presented in the book.

I think the ROF of the MG42 is too high for a GPMG. The MG42 (and later MG3) have a notoriously ferocious rate of fire, which in turn causes overheating. I think a more appropriate ROF for the GPMG would be D3+6. That is good deal higher than the magazine-fed Bren Gun, but not quite as high as the "buzzsaw".
Michael_Tems

Postby Mark at GEG » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:42 pm

This looks good. i think that you're probably right on the GPMG, not just the weapon but also fire drills to be taken in to consideration as well.

We looked at doing a Falklands scenario a long time ago, one of the guys who helped with the initial play testing was going to do something, he was actually looking at the initial invasion and pitting the small garrison of Royal Marines against the Argentines, the Marines would never be able to hold off the invasion but could potentially inflict a lot of damage.

Mark
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Postby gran76 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks for the replys guys. A Falklands war scenario about the invasion would be fantastic with the RMs falling back on Government House or even a mini campaign focusing on the different RM sections delaying the advance. Thanks again for your input.
gran76

Postby Stuart at GEG » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:55 am

Might British Paratroopers perhaps be a bit aggressive, perhaps on the point of recklessness? Perhaps a variation of the SS rule that forces them to test if they wish to retreat. 1982 Paras might have to test if they wish to hold or retreat, with a failure to hold resulting in an advance order.
Stuart at GEG
Site Admin

Postby Cubster » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Royal Marines could have special rules for surrendering to fishermen, especially if bribed with new suits.
Cubster

Return to Alternative Theatres