Scenarios

Post here to recount tales of jamminess or brilliance in your RoE games or moan at your dice! Also use this area to find out where RoE players are and which clubs are playing or are interested in WWII wargaming.

Scenarios

Postby Hawk eye » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi my first post on this site!

Interested in playing at least one of the two scenarios 'Point of Attack' and 'Infiltration' - both seem ideally suited to either Fall of France 1940 and/or Normandy 1944 which are my faves.

Wondered if other gamers had tried them and whether there were any AAR's?

Cheers

Hawkeye
Hawk eye

Re: Scenarios

Postby Michael_Tems » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:23 pm

I hosted a Point of Attack scenario as part of a D-day Mini-campaign.

I used it as the "landing scenario" for the British 3rd Infantry Division on Sword Beach, their objective to secure the beach, rout the german defenders and push inland.
Opposing them was the German 716th Static Division (Low Grade Germans), with the objective of slowing down the invasion, hoping to be relieved by the 21st Panzer.

I found it to be an exciting and challenging scenario for both sides. Ours ended in a draw, with both sides taking heavy losses.
Michael_Tems

Postby Hawk eye » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Thanks for the post Michael. Great pics - what figures are you using? Also like the way you've recreated the shoreline and I'm very envious that you've got a games room set up.

Please let me know what orbats you used for the scenario, any aerial cover, off board artillery etc.

Using lower grade German troops is intriguing as well.

Cheers
Hawk eye

Postby Michael_Tems » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:44 pm

I have 2 pieces of 60cm beach allowing me to add them to the narrow side of our standard 120x180cm gaming table. I would like to add a third section, so we could also assault from the wide side.

The british attackers are my infantry platoon: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10
The Germans are a mix of Wargames Factory and Bolt Action plastic. The Sd.Kfz.222 are cheap 1/48 plastic building models.

I really enjoy playing with underdogs like Low Grade Germans. When you expect nothing from your soldiers they can't let you down.
And it gets even more enjoyable when they manage to steal a victory from some elite force such as paras.

I wasn't quite sure if the attacker's free artillery support described in the Point of Attack scenario included an observer team, but I decided it should.
Michael_Tems

Return to After Action Reports