How long does a game last?

Post here to recount tales of jamminess or brilliance in your RoE games or moan at your dice! Also use this area to find out where RoE players are and which clubs are playing or are interested in WWII wargaming.

How long does a game last?

Postby Michael_Tems » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 pm

In my group we usually play just 1-on-1 in one of the scenarios from the rulebook pitting some 10-20something CE against each other.
Most times a game will last 4-6 hours in which we usually manage twice that number of turns each.
Is this the common timeframe?

I wonder if we tend to overspeculate our every move, rather than just going with an idea and risk more.
I even considered using an alarm-clock with a specific time in which a player has to order all units - and if failing to do so, the units will have to stay where they are and shoot at targets of opportunity.
Obviously we do spend some time looking up rules. I am the most experienced of us, and I have played less than 10 games.
Michael_Tems

Re: How long does a game last?

Postby Mark at GEG » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:08 pm

I think that as you play more the time each game takes gets shorter and shorter. My games tend to last around the two hour mark, usually a bit less, sometimes a bit more, depends on who I'm playing and how the dice Gods are feeling......

Mark
Mark at GEG
Site Admin

Return to After Action Reports