Size of EIR Roman units

Ask questions, get clarifications, and discuss how the Clash of Empires rules work.

Size of EIR Roman units

Postby Mars Ultor » Thu May 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Has anyone used Roman legionaire units supported as described in the Legion rule? WHen I make one an EIR army list, I usually don't have points to spare for a second line of troops after buying cav and supporting units. What size units do others use?
Mars Ultor

Re: Size of EIR Roman units

Postby Socalwarhammer » Sat May 31, 2014 7:31 am

I normally run 12-16 models in my Legionnaire units. Don't forget that Auxiliaries have the Legion Rule also, so can fill in a second line for support. I tend to like the way it works, and my normal mix of units is approximately 50-50 with Legionnaires and Auxiliaries. The Legionnaires are tough as nails, but if you spend too many points on them, your army ends up being very small indeed. ;)
Socalwarhammer

Re: Size of EIR Roman units

Postby Mars Ultor » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Thanks, SoCal,
Smaller units like that make sense since Legion lets them ignore the minimum size (though wouldn't they still suffer from being shattered (5 or less)?).

Don't have the rules with me, but I thought I read that auxiliaries can't support legionaires

I wish that auxiliaires could get the large shield and other options (like pila). Black Tree has some great auxiliary variations. I'm thinking +2 points and give them the bonus.
Mars Ultor

Return to General Discussion