CoE in 15mm

Ask questions, get clarifications, and discuss how the Clash of Empires rules work.

CoE in 15mm

Postby Germanicus » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm looking to start playing CoE, and I'd prefer to play it in 15mm (especially as the basing is essentially the same for many other games, which makes it extremely flexible).

However, I'm stuck at a certain point - when considering 'individual' models, and then casualty removal, I can't decide between using each model individually, or using an entire base. The former method means less figures but more book-keeping (each 'base' will then have a certain amount of 'Hit Points'). The latter will mean many more figures, but less book-keeping.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm sort of leaning towards the 1:1 method, since sticking a single die next to a base to show how many casualties it has taken so far doesn't seem all that bad, and it'll mean a lighter load on my wallet.
Germanicus

Re: CoE in 15mm

Postby Lord Alisk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:47 am

Hello Germanicus, and welcome to the forum!

I play CoE with 28mm models, but am increasingly using multi-figure bases for my models, with up to 6 miniatures stuck to a larger base, because I think it looks better, and makes moving units easier. However, I have a number of smaller and individual bases to use as 'change' for casualty removal, to accommodate changes in formation, and the like.

You could just do the same thing with 15mm models - have most of them on larger multi-figure bases, and then just have a few on individual bases to use as 'change' in battles. Though leaving dice next to 'wounded' stands is not a bad idea, in games with multi-wound models, I always have a bad habit of accidentally using the dice used to mark remaining wounds for something else, and then forgetting what number it was on.

Anyway, it is just a thought.

All best,

David.
Lord Alisk

Postby Stuart at GEG » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 am

I have a Later Seleucid army in 15mm for which I use little plastic rings to mark casualties. Just slip a ring over the pike to mark a casualty.
Stuart at GEG
Site Admin

Postby jezf64 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:21 pm

An idea you might like, for my Malburian games we used a figure on hex base with a number on each edge, just turn it to amount.
jezf64

Return to General Discussion