Roman Republican list

For feedback, questions and ideas about army lists from the rule book, website or sourcebooks

Re: Roman Republican list

Postby Dirkhrod » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Janner wrote:Stu has a spreadsheet with fixed points for attributes, equipment etc. So, unlike some other systems, you get precisely what you pay for.

That is nice to know and to be honest, i wouldn't expect anything else. However, things need to be seen in context and the synergies between troop types taken into consideration.

Btw, I don't suppose the spreadsheet would be publicly available ? I am asking because I do try to make some balanced lists for factions not yet covered (Byzantines, for instance) and it would help.

Thanks,
Dan.
Dirkhrod

Postby Janner » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:19 pm

I think that is something they'd want to keep to themselves for commercial reasons.

As to Byzantines, if it the High Middles Ages you are interested in then there are plenty of Byzantine lists in Kingdom of Heaven ;)
Janner

Postby Dirkhrod » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Janner wrote:I think that is something they'd want to keep to themselves for commercial reasons.

As to Byzantines, if it the High Middles Ages you are interested in then there are plenty of Byzantine lists in Kingdom of Heaven ;)

That makes sense, of course. Hope flickered though.

I was thinking more of the Thematic and Macedonian periods, but I can't wait to see the lists in KoH. Whenever it comes out.
Dirkhrod

Previous

Return to Army List Discussion